The Spirit of Magnolia

An infertility / adoption / pregnancy blog. After 3 MCs and IF testing (with no diagnosis) we shifted our focus to adoption. After being matched we discovered we were pregnant. After telling our agency about the pregnancy our match was severed. This is the story of our journey to parenthood.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Monday, April 02, 2007

When enough is enough

Cool - it worked!
Now .. the reason for me to get off the "lurking couch" and start putting my thoughts in writing...

After battling the “IF BEAST” (and getting our collective ass whooped) my DH and I have decided to stop all treatments and focus on ADOPTION to build our family. It took us a long time to get here but I’m so glad we did. I feel so LIBERATED – so FREE – so ALIVE – for the first time in years! We picked the 1yr anniversary of our last MC (4/3) as the date we sign with our agency. That horrible day will now be a day filled with hope as my DH and I are “reborn” into the world of adoption.

I wanted to document this journey in a blog as I know there are many out there that know volumns about adoption and will be a great support system for us. (I also know that there are others out there that are on the fence searching for someone to connect with. I hope I can be that somebody for somebody. I know how lonely it can be - and it doesnt have to be that way!)

We picked "The Spirit of Magnolia" as our name in memory of our lost children. After our first MC we planted a Merrill Magnolia tree in our front yard. Every spring it blooms with the most amazing huge white flowers. It is a living memorial to our babies that were never born.
I hope that one day - in the not too distant future - we will be planting another tree(s) in honor of our adopted child(ren).

Wish us luck for tomorrow. It should be a very exciting day!

(I hope to have a picture posted of our magnolia tree in full bloom soon. It really is beautiful!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home