The Spirit of Magnolia

An infertility / adoption / pregnancy blog. After 3 MCs and IF testing (with no diagnosis) we shifted our focus to adoption. After being matched we discovered we were pregnant. After telling our agency about the pregnancy our match was severed. This is the story of our journey to parenthood.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Friday, February 01, 2008

A band-aid cure for waiting

I feel awful! Its been AGES since I posted.
Originally I thought Id be posting frequently ... but ... I guess life just got in the way.
Life ... now that word, in and of itself, is remarkable. For years my life revolved around trying to get or stay pregnant. Now that "life" is in the past. Its so weird to have switched gears so completely and joined LIFE again. I didnt think Id be able to, but here I am, busy as ever and enjoying every minute of it!

What's been happening, you ask ... Well, I am frequently asked, by just about everyone these days, "How do you deal with the wait?"
You know the saying ... If I had a dime for every time , etc.... Well, lets just say Id be rolling in money right about now. Im sure anyone reading this can relate. :-)
At first the wait was hard, the unknown is always a bit scary, but I found a GREAT band-aid cure - I went back to school! Now Im so busy with homework I dont have time to dwell on "the wait" [chuckle]. Id be lying if I didnt say it was still always at the back of my mind though ... hiding out waiting for just the right moment to sneak out and throw a wrench in things. I wonder if that will ever go away?

Nothing new to report on the adoption. No bites on our profile ... not a one.
We got one email in our adoption inbox, which sent both of us to our knees in anticipation, until we viewed it and found it was one of those garbage chain mail letters. UGH! What a HUGE letdown!!! That should be illegal!
On a happy note - the first family from our small group (PAC) left today to go get their daughter in Ethiopia. What an amazing adventure! I kinda wish I could be a fly-on-the-wall when they get there. That will be the experience of a lifetime!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

What did you return to school to study? Is it a wide range of subjects or are you going back for a specific degree?

Sending many good thoughts during the wait.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

This post is excellent! I really enjoyed it!

We are also waiting for the phone to ring after waiting during so many ferility treatments, I can really relate to this!

Keeping everything crossed for you! Hope this wait isn't too long

6:39 AM  
Blogger asheggy said...

Mel, sorry for the delay in responding ...
As for school ..
I went back for my associate in business degree. Its been very interesting so far - right now my 2 classes are Cultural Diversity and Written Communication. (Good stuff!)
I'll have my degree in another 14 months. WHOO HOO!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home