The Spirit of Magnolia

An infertility / adoption / pregnancy blog. After 3 MCs and IF testing (with no diagnosis) we shifted our focus to adoption. After being matched we discovered we were pregnant. After telling our agency about the pregnancy our match was severed. This is the story of our journey to parenthood.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Thursday, March 27, 2008

A new meaning for the word PAIN

After 7 long years of suffering to work up my courage to do it ... I finally had my tonsils removed!

Surgery was on 2/27/08, a month ago today, and I'm STILL recovering! I was able to go back to work 2wks after surgery but I'm still not 100% yet. Luckily, each day gets a little better than the last.

If you (or someone you know) is in their late 30's and is contemplating having their tonsils removed .... be really really sure that you are ready for a pain like nothing you've ever experienced (and make sure you take, at the very least, a 2-week vacation from everything!)

Granted, I am absolutely thrilled that I finally had the surgery. I can already tell that it has changed my life - for the better! Especially after the surgeon said that once he got my tonsils out they were "more nasty then he had originally thought". (YIKES!)

Now the really scary part ....
I cant help but wonder, in the very back dark places of my mind, that my toxic tonsils were poisoning my body and were ultimately the root cause of my miscarriages. Could it be that simple???

After years passing and finally deciding on adoption instead of ttsp (trying to stay pregnant), I find it odd that I'm still trying to find someone (or something) to blame for my miscarriages! If only the Dr's could have told me WHY... maybe then I could let it go .... UGH - I hate feeling like this..... I wonder if it will ever go away ....

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

As someone with recurrent loss and NO answers, I get your pain on this subject. I just wanted a doctor to say NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE KIDS AND THIS IS WHY (the why being the most important). Instead, they told me to keep trying. . . and I kept obliging them.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home