The Spirit of Magnolia

An infertility / adoption / pregnancy blog. After 3 MCs and IF testing (with no diagnosis) we shifted our focus to adoption. After being matched we discovered we were pregnant. After telling our agency about the pregnancy our match was severed. This is the story of our journey to parenthood.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Friday, August 08, 2008

Something I thought Id never see again ...

Well, our world has turned upside down again ....
Shortly after posting my last post ... this happened ...

Yep - it's true..... OMG !!!!!

We decided to keep it quiet, with my miscarriage history who could blame us ... besides, we have this amazing little boy in Colombia waiting for us to finalize adoption paperwork!

This week everything changed.... Ive had 2 Dr's tell me that it is too risky for me to travel to Colombia for the adoption - and one of Colombia's requirements is that both parents travel to the country.

Where does that leave us .... well, we have one of two options ... 1) we can return the referral and let him be adopted by someone else or 2) we can wait a few weeks and see if I M/C. If I don't M/C in the next few weeks we'd have to return the referral anyway.

THIS IS SO HARD!! He has already had to wait for so long because our immigration paperwork is taking forever - what right do we have to make him wait longer ... and then not even be sure if we can adopt him anyway (since I cant travel). Our social worker has given us the weekend to decide what we want to do .... what would you do?

ps - If Im still pregnant tomorrow it will mark the longest pregnancy Ive had so far.... (12 wks is my record)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilac* said...

OMG i normally don't comment but ur news was so OMG i couldn't not!!!! Congratulations!! I've been reading ur blog 4 ages and have loyaly been checking for the last 2 months on news of ur journey and this wasn't what i was expecting to see!
Congratualtions again have a happy and healthy 6 months! xxxx

8:22 AM  
Blogger M de P said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am visiting from "lost and found" and have never been to your blog before, so I don't know much of your story. In any case, this is quite a happy yet complicated situation. Not that I can put myself in your shoes, but I think I would give myself as much time to make a decision on the adoption as possible. It's good that you are in touch with your social worker about it. I wish only the best for you. Keep us posted...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Visiting from Lost & Found...Congrats on your pregnancy and prayers that it continues without a problem. I am sorry you have to make such a rough decision regarding the adoption.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home